Abstracts must be submitted via the online CATALYST Submission Management System.
Information about how to log into CATALYST, create a new account, and navigate through the submission process is available.
Abstract Submission Deadline Extended: New Deadline - October 6, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST
Geo-Structures of interest include temporary and permanent earth retaining systems such as cantilever walls, braced and tieback anchor walls, MSE walls, gravity walls, soil nail walls, access shafts, bridge abutments, dock walls.
- Topic A: Innovations and advancements in design and construction
- Topic B: Sustainable engineering and construction practices
- Topic C: Best practices, case histories, and lessons learned
- Topic D: Advancements in instrumentation and monitoring
- Topic E: Bridging engineering and construction practices
- Topic F: Risk considerations in the selection, design, procurement, and construction processes
- Topic G: Asset management, life cycle evaluation, and environmental considerations
- Topic H: Performance-based design and impacts on adjacent structures
- Topic I: Comparing LRFD & ASD in design: when and where
- Topic J: Short and long-term design criteria
- Topic K: Dynamic performance of earth retaining structures
- Topic L: Big Data applications
- Topic M: MSE & other fill walls
- Topic N: Bridge abutment considerations: integral abutments, abutments supported by reinforced fill, interaction with embankment, and more
- Topic O: Ground improvement for earth retaining structures
Abstracts without all the details requested below may not be considered:
- Abstracts must be between 300 to 500 words.
- Abstracts must identify the name of the topic to which the paper is being submitted.
- Abstracts must include the full formal names, credentials, affiliations and email addresses for all authors.
- The corresponding author must be the author uploads the abstract and presents the final paper.
- Abstracts (and all details requested above) must be uploaded to the online CATALYST Paper Submission System.
- Abstracts are due by September 8, 2023.
Expectation of Geo-Structures 2024 Attendance
Every paper awarded final acceptance for presentation is expected to have one author attend the conference and present the paper.
Publication in the conference proceedings without registering for the conference and presenting the paper is not intended. If you will not be able to attend, please do not submit an abstract.